Rich chocolate, plenty of nuts and almonds and mouth-watering marzipan: indulge yourself with this cornucopia of seasonal delights for the taste-buds. Enjoy a positively baroque opulence with my recipe for easy to do and delicious cookies: “Les Marie-Antoinettes”.
300 gram wheat flour
140 gram fine, white sugar
1 sachet (9 gram) vanilla sugar
3 egg yolk
250 gram butter
80 gram grated almonds
2 teaspoons of cocoa
80 gram grated hazelnuts
350 – 400 gram marzipan (make sure to buy good quality for the perfect taste)
1 chocolate couverture
Baking time: 10 -12 min (electric oven preferable to gas oven)
Baking temperature: 170 degree
Preparing the dough:
Take two bowls and fill in each of them:
75 gram wheat flour
35 gram fine, white sugar
1/2 sachet (9 gram) vanilla sugar
1.5 egg yolk
65 gram butter
Then fill in one of the bowls:
40 gram grated almonds
Into the other bowl, you fill:
1 teaspoon of cocoa
40 gram grated grated hazelnuts
Knead all ingredients in each bowl into a smooth dough. Let the dough rest in a fridge for 15 minutes.
How to make the biscuits:
- Take dough without cocoa out of the fridge, put it on a table slightly covered with flour, and form it into a long slice (width: 3 cm, height: 1 cm.).
- Form the marzipan into a long slice of the same size as the dough.
- Place the marzipan slice on top of the dough sheet.
- Take the dough with cocoa out of the fridge, form it into a long slice, too, and place this slice on top of the two other sheets.
- Gently press the 3 sheets together.
- Then, cut into slices of about 1.5 cm.
Preheat the oven to 170 degree.
Place the slices carefully on a baking tray covered with baking parchment. Put the tray in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Take the biscuits out of the oven and let them cool.
The finishing touches:
Melt the chocolate couverture in a water bath. Spread the chocolate on top of each biscuit with a pastry brush. Then put some sugar hearts on top of each biscuit and add the gold powder. Let the chocolate dry. Let the biscuits rest for a day before you try them. The dough is very crisp first, but will become mild within 24 hours.